That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Monday, May 14, 2012

"I give myself away"

“If we hold tightly to anything given to us unwilling to allow it to be used as the Giver means it to be used we stunt the growth of the soul. What God gives us is not necessarily "ours" but only ours to offer back to him, ours to relinquish, ours to lose, ours to let go of, if we want to be our true selves. Many deaths must go into reaching our maturity in Christ, many letting goes.” 

I am just really learning this lesson over and over. You would think by now I would not be so emotionally attached to losing things, I even try and make it a practice to give things away just so that I wont get attached to it. But I realize that when it comes to my emotions I hold on to them so tightly. I am very cautious and do everything I can to avoid any pain or suffering that may be involved with loving people. This is everything but the gospel, this is me idolizing self protection and being enslaved to fear and allowing Satan to deceive me into thinking God is not trustworthy with Everything. He is such a liar! If I am going to live Romans 12:1-2 it will definitely entail a sacrifice of every part of my being, heart, mind, everything. It belongs to God and he just allows me to display His glory through how I steward what He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment