That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

freedom to be holy

Romans 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires. I am reading about guarding our hearts against lust and the beauty of the grace and strength that is provided in Jesus alone and not in our efforts or methods. That being said we still have to work our faith practically. I was reminded it is the little daily compromises that lead to future bondage. I was challenged to remember my eyes and my mind are actively obeying my heart. They don't operate in an isolated vacuum. They obey me. So i must  command them to obey God. I don't have to look at every guy who walks by with a nice body, or is attractive. Nor do I need to let sinful thoughts linger. "My mind and my eyes must obey Jesus. They belong to Him now" . They are no longer instruments in the service of sin, but they are in the Redeemer's Hands now. They can and they must obey God. Romans 6:11 "So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Rom 6:12  Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions.
Rom 6:13  Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness."

#disciplined bygrace

No comments:

Post a Comment