That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Be still

Today is supposed to be my day of rest.  I said that for Tues, wed, and Yesterday; today I mean it. What is so hard about resting? Why do we feel the need to busy ourselves until our own body just says it is enough. I have not been sleeping well lately, so many cares, and yet this morn I felt the Lord was say "be still and know that I am God" (psalms 46:10). Not you but ME!Even though that should bring a whole lot of comfort and peace it did not. My anxieties just display yet again how much I do not trust God to be the "GREAT I AM". My foolish so called wisdom believes I could somehow do a better job of being God if I had more control. What vain thinking! The very fact that I am restless, and lack peace and feel frustrated is because I am trying to play God. CEASE STRIVING! I hear the Spirit say and be confident, rest assured, that God is everything he says he is...all knowing, all wise, all powerful, the essence of good, trustworthy, holy, perfect, in control, love, etc. So to my troubled heart: Peace, be still! From, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment