That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fear Not!

I was just so excited this morning for many reasons. I have just been shocked by the love of God. He knows just what you need to hear. So today I heard a sermon on fear. My whole life fear has dictated my decisions and consumed my thinking. One thing that has been on my heart is when the Word says "fear not, for I am with you". The reason not to fear is wrapped in what we believe about God. What does it really mean that God is with us and that He is for us. Why should that bring us comfort? When I think of who God is in light of the anxieties I face, or even my personality I realize hoe self centered my fear is. It is just a vain attempt to disobey with an excuse. God tells us that fear is not from Him, but what he does give is power, love and a sound mind. All the earth is the Lord's in its fullness. He is controlling everything. This same God in his perfect love casts out all fear and doubt and we escape the wrath that is due to us. We are freed up to be bold and courageous and live...For His Glory! So who scared?!  I choose not to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment