That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Issues of the Heart

God has been teaching me some sobering lessons about my deceitful, sinful heart, and how important it is to abide in him. He is also gracious and kind to lead us to repentance when we stray, and even intentionally try yo give our hearts away to lesser things. My life does not belong to me so that includes my heart (emotions, will, thoughts). So why am I so so quick to give it away? I like the song from mercy me " I'm covered by a love divine, child of the risen Lord. To hear you say this one's mine, my heart is spoken for." Man just to let these words soak in  as the Lord constantly declares his love for us and it is sealed by his covenant promise to never leave or forsake us. God calls us to guard our hearts with all diligence, it is  not ours to give away, we can't even understand our foolish hearts (Jeremiah 17:9). Oh the lies we believe that cause us so much grief and frustration, but truth is so bomb as it sets us free to live abundantly and obediently. #lovintheonewhopursuedmewithislovefirst

No comments:

Post a Comment