That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Surprised by love!

"I'd rather have bad times with you, than good times with someone else. I'd rather be beside you in a storm then safe and warm by myself. I'd rather have hard times together than to have it easy apart. I'd rather have the one who holds my heart". Luther Vandross ) This song speaks volumes of our inner longing to be loved and to love deeply. "Lord this is how you want us to feel about you!" When you are truly in love you do whatever you can to please the object of your affection. We only know and understand love in the meager ways that we do becuz it was initiated first by God. He loved us first. I have often withheld love from others based on fear. I allowed the feeling to control the fact of my faith. But Jesus demonstrated to us what love does, and fought past the feeling by denying himself and doing what was the greatest good for those he loved. Ny love can be so immature during the difficult times in relationships but in the long term how much more sweet is the fruit. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for a friend . I am so thankful to be a friend of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment