That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Honesty

Just thinking about the reality that our sin is laid bare and open before a just and holy God is is very sobering. But to also know that our position in him is already though not yet, holy and blameless is even more humbling and it is a motivator to make war against the sin in my life for real. God is so hott!!! Today my devo was on Psalm 32 and how David talks of the blessing of being forgiven and the torture of sin not confessed but concealed. What really encouraged me was when the author shared that the passage indicates "God is willing to cover, with the blood of Christ, every sin that we are willing to uncover before him." This seems to be a consistent theme in the sermons so far as well. Gods goodness truly leads us to repentance. I am thankful for daily reminders. Praying for the courage to walk in truth daily. "Personal revival begins when the believer faces his sin honestly. Though painful, only honesty with God and others will enable the CHristian to walk in purity and power." Jim Elliff

No comments:

Post a Comment