That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Emmanuel? God with us.

Isaiah 41:9b-10
I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with my righteous right hand.

I have been reading this book called Wilderness skills for women: how to survive heartbreak and other full blown meltdowns, it was a random find.The author uses practical skills one would use in the wild and makes a spiritual connection with our "wilderness" seasons in our journey with Jesus. Normally I would not give it a second glance, but for some reason I picked it up, skimmed through it and purchased it. I had every intent of returning it honestly if i did not like it, I have never done that just so you know, but I that was my plan. I only made it to the second chapter before I realized I really liked the book and I believe the Lord specifically had it just for me. The second chapter was conveniently titled wilderness of rejection. She begins with a context verse Matthew 4:1, Jesus being led into the wild by the Spirit to be tested. She defines wilderness and I chose which one best fits my season, it is a bewildering situation, Not too deep, huh. Skill is the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance.
Upon receiving my second rejection letter,not to mention an email, informing me that they would not be able to donate financially to my personal ministry. I was talking on the phone to a friend who was sharing with me about all the great things God was doing in his life, well of course I was rejoicing with him because that is exciting. I was then able to share with him how i just received a rejection letter in the mail and how I was praising the Lord. Well this surprised him and rightly so, who does that for real. Yet there was some overwhelming happiness that caused me to feel the same way about the letter that I did with him receiving a free car, and getting engaged. I was learning to "count it all joy", like James speaks of, I was coming to the realization that "all things really do work for the good for those who love the Lord". God was helping my unbelief! The resounding truth from the book that I had been meditating on is "what seems like rejection is God's protection", how this has spoken to my heart in many ways from thinking about past situations to the present financial uncertainties. God is there, He is here, right in the middle. One of the dangers of a woman lost in this wilderness is the tendency to allow the rejector to define her value or worth, for me it would be doubting God's provision. The fear that my circumstance are bigger then God could handle. I am so thankful that God allowed me to even see that the purchase of the book and being allowed to read that chapter was all a part of His plan to show me just how Big He really is. The same God who was with Joseph in Genesis when his brothers sold him as a slave only for him to be the right hand man of the ruler of Egypt, just in time for him to save his family from famine; is the same God who is sharpening my ability to endure and training me to know and heed to His voice, while exhibiting courage in the unknowns of my life. He is the ever-present God; not only is He present He is controlling all things so that the destiny He preplanned for me will come at the right time. How liberating it is to know Emmanuel, how exciting to have Him on my side, protecting me even in the bewildering situations of rejection.

2 comments:

  1. I listen to a sermon the other day where the pastor said..JESUS never promised to fix all our problems..He has PROMISED to walk with us through them!
    Thanks for the reminder U..that the LORD our GOD, the LORD GOD STRONG and MIGHTY will be with us always...and in our trials we are humbly able to capture snap shots of him...hard, yet rewarding thing to see JESUS in heaven and this side of earth
    praying for you!

    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing friend, I know the challenges of raising support, but I am thankful that those challenges are drawing you closer to our God!!!I am praying for your support...lobe you!

    ReplyDelete