That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

There is a CD I want to plug called Stand Out by Tye Tribbett, my friend (shout out to Nikki wit Common Ground Ministries) pointed out the theme which I totally missed. He was saying to Stand Out, don't be pressed into the world's mold, be transformed and let the Bible renew your mind. Stop trying to blend in because it seems safe, or whatever the reason. We don't have to be nor can we be good enough, but we are pressing and striving for perfection in Christ. It is so much better and more satisfying then anything this life can offer!

Just recently i went to visit a church and the pastor was talking about Daniel 1:3-20. This may seem like a lot to read but it is a pretty clear story about the capture of 4 boys to be slaves in a kingdom. They were chosen to represent the king and serve him, but they had to get their name changed and language, they probably were even castrated like many other slaves. Anyway the point of the sermon was in vs.8 how one of the boys (Daniel) had made up in his mind no matter what the circumstance were he was going to be true to what he believed in. He said NO COMPROMISES!

The pastor pointed this out so tough because in our society it seems to be the in thing to be a christian. Everyone is trying to claim it (as if it were a good luck charm), but where are the real CHRISTians, who resolve in their hearts to serve the LORD and not defile themselves with the ways of the world? Why is it okay to identify with a religion that you don't truly follow? That is like me saying I am an Omega, or a Delta, or even that I am a biochemist, and i know I did not pledge anything, nor did I major in science, I can't stand it!

As a matter of fact if I were to wear the letters of these Greek organizations, try to do their steps and their calls all over the place, man, they would probably jump me, or even worse. They would think it is so disrespectful, b/c I did not do what was necessary to identify with their group, the process, PAY the dues, or any other costs. But for SOME reason, it is okay to do the same (or really worse) when it comes to the CHRISTian faith. The very word denotes follower of Christ, obeying HIS commands, DOING what He says, and not just hearing or going to church. PLEASE heed this warning, it is not pleasing GOD doing those noble deeds, HE still requires our Blood, really perfect sinless blood, and only one MAN has ever had this Blood type and that is JESUS the CHRIST. HE says that the only way to the FATHER is through HIM. MARK 1:15; JOHN 11:25-26; JOHN 14:6; these are JESUS' very words.

JOHN 14:24 says if you love the LORD you will keep HIS commands. There is no way around these things, it is clear as day, so let's stop pretending that we follow CHRIST, b/c at the end of the day, GOD sees and will judge our hearts, actions, and words. We can't escape His wrath that is to come, so choose this DAY whom you will serve before it is too late!

Last song plug, later on in this book of Daniel, his homies had to stand when he was not there, the other three mentioned. Now if you read you will see how the Lord showed them abundant favor because of their faithfulness and belief. They were elevated to high positions in the kingdom, which would make it harder to "stand out" I would think. Their very lives were threatened yet they boldy maintained their convictions. I have actually been praying for the Lord to raise up men in the Black Community that will raise up the standard and live out loud what they believe. The song is called"Burn us up" I believe by Shane and Shane, the CD is called Pages.
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Eulice%20Hooper/My%20Documents/My%20Music/Unknown%20Artist/Unknown%20Album%20(9-25-2007%2012-30-07%20PM)/03%20Track%203.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment