That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Love your neighbor like you trust yoursel

Love and trust are the one thing that everyone yearns for yet are paralyzingly scared to show. You really can't have one without the other. Yet both are the very thing we lack greatly. No one is fully trustworthy tho we strive to be, and no one truly loves unconditionally. But God commands us to love as he loved. He sacrificed, he sees the grimy,filthy stuff of our real selves and still loves us the same. He also says if we abide in him we are to love others the same way. I have no answer to this difficult concept other then Run to Jesus! He will not command us to do anything he will not empower us to do. Let his love control you.


We love ourselves so much more than God and other people. That is why we can't trust. Instead of suffer wrong for the sake of someone else possibly benefiting we allow them to suffer so we wont have to hurt. This is everything else but the gospel. Christ love is selfless and not emotionally based but it is passionately driven. My loveliness, or wonderful personality did not motivate Christ to go to the cross. It was my brokenness, helpless state, misery, and emptiness. Forget the fantasy of evading hurt, even Jesus learned obedience through the things he suffered. Every heartbreak and disappointment has to go through God first. So let's love,serve and sacrifice as we lean on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment