That's me!

My photo
Okay so I am in this new phase of life. The Great Awakening shall I say. I have been sleeping on the things of the Lord this past year, and now my heart has been awakened. Be on alert, I am back on the grind. I am starving for righteousness and I will not stop till I am filled.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Where you lead I will follow

"But know that the Lord has dealt wonderfully with the godly man for himself; the Lord hears when I call to Him." Psalms 4:3

God has been teaching me so much about Himself and my sinful self along with how that looks in loving others. I am so grateful to know that God has set me apart for Himself. God is not just arbitrarily taking me through life,, but He is so detailed, and precise. His ways are perfect. Many times i may get down about news i hear, or my hopes are dashed (when i put them in people and not God), and so i may seclude myself or allow my mind to meditate on the circumstance rather than the Controller of the circumstance. God is showing me truly what it means to trust in His plans for me and to seek Him first, stop trusting in my heart (thoughts, intentions, feelings, etc.) and trust in Him, which is different then just trusting Him. My pastor is going through the book of Ecclesiastes and there are some really insightful things I received from this past sermon on Chpt.3. Life really is not worth living without Christ, it is meaningless, and everyone knows it when they have time to reallly thing, mainly right before you go to bed at night, and sometimes you wonder what is the point of it all, and why am I here. The Preacher in Ecclesiastes, is the richest most wisest man in the world at this point, and he is giving this advice to us on how life is apart from God( which is really not life), Jesus said that He came so that we might have life, and have it more abundantly. Ecc. 3:14 says that everything God does will last forever and that the purpose He has placed in man is to fear (reverennce Him). When we do anything else in life other than what the Lor d has given us, or allows we fall flat on our face everytime in some kid of way B/c god is a jealous God (righteously) and he will not give his glory to another. This is called vain glory and you become a thief when you try to take God's glory. I am just thankful That He loves me enough to correct me and protect me (even when I don't want it). my father loves me so much that He has set me apart to reflect the glory He has bestowed upon me and I am so ecstatic as i close this just speaking the truth to myself and not believing the lie, not meditating on untruths and possibilities, being anxious instead of praying. just know that you must always go to the Word (the Bible)for your daily nourishment and nothing else will ever satisfy that hunger in you b/c God created it just for Himself.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister...
    I love it when the LORD takes us through things so that we may see HIM face to Face...LIFE is a TRIAL..thats what I am learning...if I would sum up life in one word.. I learned this week it would be trial....

    1 Peter 1
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.


    I love that verse...especially when it says "for a little while you suffer"
    Earth is a Vapor...What is going on in Heaven is our reality!! Man, I cant wait to get my reward...which is CHRIST Jesus HIMSELF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for what He is teaching you. It's so good to grow in the Lord.

    Zinnada<><

    ReplyDelete